DWC Issues Revised Drug Formulary Regs
Announced : July 18, 2017
- Moving the effective date to January 1, 2018
- Changing the “Preferred/Non-Preferred” drug designations to “Exempt/Non-Exempt” to better align with how the designations affect the prospective utilization review status of the drug
- Revised provisions relating to phased implementation of the formulary
- Deletion of provisions regarding issues that will be addressed in the utilization review regulations, rather than in the formulary regulations
- Clarification of applicable dispute resolution procedures
- Updated drug listings on the MTUS Drug List and formatting changes.
CWCI is reviewing the revised regs, and will compile input from members and provide written testimony during the current 15-day public comment period, which ends at 5 p.m. on August 2. In the meantime, the notice of modification of text of proposed regulation and related rulemaking documents are posted on the DWC rulemaking web page.