CWCI Member Webinar: A Review & Analysis of 2016 California Workers’ Comp Legislation
Watch a recorded version of CWCI’s November 2016 webinar presented by Claims and Medical Director Brenda Ramirez, General Counsel Ellen Sims Langille, and Senior Researcher Stacy Jones. Presented exclusively for our member companies, the webinar provides a detailed report on the technical aspects and practical implications for your operations, and includes implementation timeframes for every aspect of each new piece of legislation:
- AB 2503 – mandating that providers submit RFAs with supporting documentation directly to the claims administrator;
- SB 1160 – implementing major changes to UR programs and processes, new requirements for filing and collecting liens, penalties for failure to report data
- AB 1244 – providing new sanctions and rules to crack down on medical fraud;
- SB 482 – requiring doctors to check CURES before prescribing controlled substances;
- SB 1175 – establishing new timelines for physicians to submit medical & med-legal bills;
- SB 914 – implementing MTUS standards for MPN IMRs; and
- AB 2883 – tightening workers’ comp opt out rules for corporate officers and directors.
CWCI members can view the video by logging on to technical issues in the member area or Click here.